We have the team to take Your Project from Concept to Completion.
Skelton, Brumwell & Associates has been providing engineering, planning and environmental consulting services in Barrie since 1970. We have developed a reputation for providing quality work and achievement on projects for both public and private sector clients across Central Ontario.
Our knowledgeable and experienced staff of engineers, planners, ecologist, resource and engineering technologists, draftpersons and CADD operators, inspectors and clerical personnel ensure all our client’s needs are met.
The consistent level of excellence of the firm’s work is a direct function of our ownership group and dedicated staff. This structure creates a personal sense of commitment revealed in the quality of the firm and each and every project.
The firm has extensive experience in coordinating projects which require a wide range of other professionals or firms. We are always conscious of the need for creative solutions to reduce costs in today’s time of restraint.
We at Skelton, Brumwell & Associates Inc. are committed to the following Values:
- Operate as a privately owned company where the priorities are our clients, our employees, the public and the environment.
- Uphold professional ethics and standards, and support the professional organizations and associations of which we are members.
- Provide friendly and individual attention to our clients to understand their needs, and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Honour our commitments to our clients and each other.
- Provide an inclusive, supportive and flexible team based work environment.
- Support a healthy work/life balance to foster personal and professional growth.
We welcome your inquiries and appreciate your consideration of our firm for planning, engineering and environmental consulting services.
Skelton, Brumwell & Associates Inc. is seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Technologist to join our team. Visit
for more information.
Welcome Gary Pritchard to the Skelton Brumwell Team!
Gary Pritchard is Senior Aquatic Ecologist. He has 14 years of experience in a supervisory role performing aquatic assessments including fish density and community surveys, spawning assessment, aquatic monitoring with the use of radio and hydro-acoustic telemetry, species at risk/biodiversity studies, fish health investigations surrounding industry practices, traditional ecological knowledge documentation, habitat suitability monitoring and critical habitat delineation, as well as environmental monitoring and modelling with the use of aquatic macro-invertebrates.
In the past, Gary has had the privilege to work on behalf of first nations peoples throughout Ontario. Gary has worked with the Anishinabek/Ontario Fisheries Resource Centre. Through community involvement and participation, Gary was able to design and implement fisheries management strategies alongside building capacity within the communities.
Gary has successfully collaborated with many stakeholder groups, researchers, institutes, government agencies and First Nation communities and political organizations to address environmental concerns and identify practical solutions to fisheries or environmental related issues. Gary also serves as a technical advisor and professor at 2 post-secondary institutes within Ontario.
Check out our new urban forestry blog at
- 3D Modelling Services
- Aggregate Resources
- Ecological Services
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping
- Recreational Facilities Services
- Redevelopment Planning and Engineering
- Renewable Energy Approval Services
- Sewage Works & Drinking Water Systems
- Site Engineering
- Subdivision and Site Planning
- Surface Water Resources
- Survey Services