We have the team to take Your Project from Concept to Completion.
Skelton, Brumwell & Associates has been providing engineering, planning and environmental consulting services in Barrie since 1970. We have developed a reputation for providing quality work and achievement on projects for both public and private sector clients across Central Ontario.
Our knowledgeable and experienced staff of engineers, planners, ecologist, resource and engineering technologists, draftpersons and CADD operators, inspectors and clerical personnel ensure all our client’s needs are met.
The consistent level of excellence of the firm’s work is a direct function of our ownership group and dedicated staff. This structure creates a personal sense of commitment revealed in the quality of the firm and each and every project.
The firm has extensive experience in coordinating projects which require a wide range of other professionals or firms. We are always conscious of the need for creative solutions to reduce costs in today’s time of restraint.
We at Skelton, Brumwell & Associates Inc. are committed to the following Values:
- Operate as a privately owned company where the priorities are our clients, our employees, the public and the environment.
- Uphold professional ethics and standards, and support the professional organizations and associations of which we are members.
- Provide friendly and individual attention to our clients to understand their needs, and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Honour our commitments to our clients and each other.
- Provide an inclusive, supportive and flexible team based work environment.
- Support a healthy work/life balance to foster personal and professional growth.
We welcome your inquiries and appreciate your consideration of our firm for planning, engineering and environmental consulting services.
MNRF has introduced proposed amendments to the Aggregate Resources Act through the Aggregate Resources and Mining Modernization Act, which was tabled at the legislature on Thursday, October 6, 2016. We are undertaking a review of the documents and will be providing an summary with implications to our clients. The new Act is on the EBR for 60 days and people are invited to provide comments. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Welcome Leah Quin to the Skelton Brumwell Team!
Leah is a Planner having graduated from the University of Waterloo’s Co-op Planning Program in 2016 with a specialization in environmental planning and management. Leah’s work experience is particularly relevant to the work at SBA. Working for 12 months for the Town of Midland, she has been involved with the review of development applications, preparation of reports to Council/Committees, compilation of background research on special projects related to housing and heritage, and preparation of graphics, display boards and communication materials. Leah also brings with her some GIS experience.
We look forward to Leah’s participation and initiatives in planning and the support she will provide for our planners and project co-ordinators.
Check out our new urban forestry blog at
- 3D Modelling Services
- Aggregate Resources
- Ecological Services
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Mapping
- Recreational Facilities Services
- Redevelopment Planning and Engineering
- Renewable Energy Approval Services
- Sewage Works & Drinking Water Systems
- Site Engineering
- Subdivision and Site Planning
- Surface Water Resources
- Survey Services